The USP of Invisalign lies in the fact that they are a set of clear, see-through braces that not only align your teeth, but also, allows retaining your original smile. While putting on these orthodontic appliances, your day-to-day smile is not hampered. You need not remain conscious whenever you smile. So, a set of clear aligners lets you be yourself whenever you are interacting with other people. To top it all, aligners let you get rid of the pros of traditional braces!
So what are the things that Invisalign aligners ascertain?
- No food particles getting stuck in between the brackets of metals braces
- Teeth’s cleaning is no longer difficult. Cleaning your Invisalign completely resembles cleaning your original teeth.
- Invisalign can be pulled out while cleaning the mouth or eating a special dish
- No unnecessary pressure on the jaws (that could lead to a TMJ pian!)
- And above all, no changes in your original smile
How has Invisalign evolved over the years?
Invisalign came into the market around 1997. The first set of aligners, to gently reposition and straighten the teeth was available to the public in 2000. Being the first-of-its kind, it offered a more comfortable and effective way to straighten the misaligned teeth. The first set of aligners focused on adult teeth and helped individuals achieve healthier smiles in a more cosmetic and private way. The aligners were completely clear and couldn’t be seen by the average person.
However, results were not as predictable as technology suggested. The reason being – success of the aligners were totally dependent upon the patient wearing them consistently for 20-22 hours a day. There were even patients who lost trays or simply wore them in the wrong sequence!
In course of time, as the technology of 3D printing arrived, Invisalign evolved into an amazing device for comfortable tooth movement. 3D scanning and printing technology is used to create a virtual image of your mouth to make your aligners perfectly custom-fitted.
What do you get with Invisalign?
- You get to see the shape and structure of your smile before and after the transformation.
- The aligners come numbered thus allowing your dentist to track the sequence of your wear in order to ensure best results.
- Each set of aligners need to be worn for 7-10 days (a span within 2 weeks) for 20-22 hours each day. After this, the change in the alignment of your teeth is examined by your dentist and a set of fresh aligners (retrenchment trays) may be provided, for further corrections!
- Generally, you are given a few sets of aligners at a time so that you don’t need to schedule more number of dental trips.
What Invisalign saves you from?
- Invisalign could amazingly keep you away from the pain and mouth sores that are inevitable in case of metal braces.
- With traditional braces, you will be put on a lot of food restrictions which could otherwise damage your braces! Invisalign completely resembles the look and functionality of your original teeth. Therefore, such issues do not exist!
- An artificial smile – traditional braces mar your smile as they are awkwardly visible! Invisalign keeps your original smile intact!
There have been professional dentists around, who themselves have gone for Invisalign and were overwhelmed with the results! In future while recommending Invisalign to their patients, they could share their experience, as their own guinea pig, with their patients!