The battle for straighter teeth…
You may be wondering to opt for traditional braces or Invisalign? This guide will help you to understand when each of these options is most appropriate for teeth straightening and give you an overview of the pros and cons to traditional braces and Invisalign.
Understanding the differences between traditional braces and Invisalign
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are made from clear plastic and do not involve any wires, elastics or brackets. Braces are attached permanently to the teeth and the treatment might be as long as 5 years. Invisalign are removable with each set is worn for around two weeks before being replaced by the next set moving the teeth gradually into the desired position. Sometimes, this can take just a few months, while other patients will need to wear aligners for closer to two years.
(RELATED: We have a great offer for you. The faster and more comfortable way to invisibly straighten your teeth. Free Invisalign Consultation.)Look at some of the pros and cons…
Reasons to prefer Invisalign
- Invisalign braces are highly discrete compared to traditional braces and unlikely to be noticed by people who do not know they are there.
- Patients tend to report less social anxiety and fewer problems with self-esteem when using Invisalign. They smile freely, and don’t feel like other people are focusing on their braces.
- Invisalign aligners are more comfortable than traditional braces, which can sometimes cause small abrasions in the mouth and can even make eating feel painful after a recent adjustment.
- You can see the predicted outcome of treatment with Invisalign software, showing you how much the procedure will improve your smile. For some patients, this boosts motivation to pursue orthodontic treatment.
Reasons to prefer traditional braces
- Traditional braces tend to be much more affordable compared to Invisalign,
- Better results for straightening significantly crooked teeth, or teeth that are sitting at noticeably different heights.
- Better at fixing overcrowded teeth is normally observed by dentists.
- Invisalign adhesive can start to become more noticeable over the course of treatment, as it can become stained by coffee, wine and smoking.
Wondering which is right for you?